The purpose of this event type is to assist you in understanding the content of the proposals in more detail so you are able to complete the questionnaire. You will hear a video and a short presentation about the proposals and be able to ask questions of our senior health professionals. Over 1000 attendees will be able to attend, on a first come first served basis.
This live event does not allow participants to communicate via audio or video. You will only be able to submit your questions via the the question and answer box within the Microsoft Teams platform.
You can also listen in by telephone.
Each event will cover all aspects of the proposals. The Question and Answer session will be divided into sections covering Leicester Royal Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital, General Hospital, Maternity, Children’s services, followed by a general section.
How to join the event
Click the link for the meeting you want to attend above, shortly before the meeting start time. Alternatively you can listen to the session using your telephone by calling the relevant number above.
To join into an event
1. To join an event, click on thelink given to you for the event you would like to attend.
- You can do this about 15 minutes before the event starts.
- There will be different links for different events.
2. A box will appear asking you to select whether you would like to join the event by an app or via the web.
To join by app – You will need to have downloaded the Microsoft team’s app already onto your device. If using your ipad or iphone, download the Microsoft Teams app from the Apple app store. If you are using an android device, download the Microsoft Teams app from the play store
If you have a Microsoft teams account you can sign in or if you don’t you can join without. You do not need a Microsoft Teams account to participate in these live events.
To join by web – You will need to use google chrome as your browser.
- You will need to enter your name and then click join.
- If the live event hasn't started, you'll see the message "The live event has not yet started."
- There are controls at the bottom of your screen to pause, adjust volume and the video quality.
How to ask a question in advance
Call 0116 295 0750 or send us an email using this link.
Watch the video in advance
You can watch the video that will be shown at the events in advance. This might be useful if you are planning to join by phone.
If you are unable to attend
This event will be repeated several times during the consultation so if you cannot make the first event or it reaches capacity, there will be further events of this type that you will be able to join. Each session will also be recorded so you can watch it online later.