This website provides information on the proposed £450 million improvements to transform acute and maternity services at Leicester’s hospitals.
When we say ‘acute services’ we are talking about the care when patients receive treatment for severe injury or illness, urgent medical conditions, or during recovery from surgery.
To view the consultation documents please click here
This consultation is being led by NHS Leicester City Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) NHS West Leicestershire CCG and NHS East Leicestershire and Rutland CCG, in partnership with regional and national health service organisations. As clinical commissioning groups, we have a legal responsibility to involve people in a public consultation, which is required when considering making significant changes to NHS services.
What this consultation covers
The consultation is seeking your views on:
- The proposed solutions to improve services at Leicester Royal Infirmary and Glenfield Hospital, including the impact of any changes
- Different options for creating new services at Leicester General Hospital including extra primary care services
- The re-location of the standalone maternity unit from St Mary’s Hospital, Melton Mowbray to Leicester General Hospital
- Alternative options for the provision of a hydrotherapy pool currently located at Leicester General Hospital
- Whether there are any alternative proposals you think we should consider.
This consultation does NOT include community hospitals, GP practices, mental health and other services provided in the community or in people’s homes.
Are we speaking your language?
Versions of the full consultation document are available in different format, easy read format, video and large print